Slander by Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goku

Hi - This is New Zealand Law

I have recently resigned from the NZ Police. The day before my last day (in the two week period between handing my letter of resignation in and actually leaving) my mother was involved in a vehicle collision with a third party.

There was slight communication between myself and the third party regarding clarification of the law (by phone) as there was a disagreement as to who was @ fault..

This third party has since contacted my old station in an attempt to contact me back, where she was informed that I had been dismissed over the events involving this vehicle collision (which is completely incorrect (i had resigned 1 1/2 weeks earlier). This third party person was informed that action was going to be taken against me regarding this, which was why I was dismissed, and this has thus been relayed to my mother and her partner (who were involved in the vehicle collision)

Note - I didn't do anything dubious or anything incorrectly/wrong so they have pretty much created a lie and informed members of the public of this.

I don't care that this has circulated to my family as it is a complete lie and I have proven this, however surely my old station cannot give information as to persons employment, and certainly not inform members of the public about dismissals and action taken which is a complete lie. I understand they can inform the public on persons who have left, but this cannot go this far...surely...

What if this was circulated to other persons?

Is there any action I can take against the Police? I don't normally turn against my old career, however this has to be dealt with and I am prepared to make a stand

What can I do?

Any information is very much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back