Slander and Harrassment by Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl

I am wondering what can be done with my in-laws and their large open mouths. My husband and I have been married since January. When he left his ex wife and him and I got together, his parents completely dis-owned him. Even though they were the ones to tell him to do what made him happy. Go figure. Anyhow, ever since then, they have been telling EVERYBODY they see that my husband never pays his child support, never sees his daughter, they are even telling people about our sex life that they have no idea about!!!! The latest story to get started is that my husband is a drug addict. We laugh about it because for starters we don't even drink alcohol. What if anything can be done to shut these people up and make them leave us alone once and for all? It's to the point that my husbands father is even sometimes threatening to a degree. He thinks he is so big and bad and that he can do what he wants and nobody can stop him. My husband and him work at the same place, his father is even running his mouth at work telling people that his own son is a no good you know what. And that he doesn't take care of his responsibilities. This has been going on for almost 2 years now. Please let me know what we can do if anything!!!!

Your best bet is to completley cut off all contact with these people. If relatives were saying that stuff about me, I would want nothing to do with them.

Having an opinion about somebody is not slander. It is really hard to prove.

Unless you can prove some sort of financial loss because of it, like say you or him did not get a job because this person heard this stuff about you, then you MIGHT have something.

Until then, honestly, change your phone number and eliminate all contact with these terrible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back