Sixty-Day Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmgdesigns

I am currently renting a condominium through a property management company in Southern California. Last week, I received a letter stating the intent of the owner to sell the property. Over the weekend I received a sixty-day notice through regular mail (it was not certified, and they did not serve me personally). I have no problem with leaving the property, however, they have a real estate agent who wants to show the property while I am still living here. I am extremely uncomfortable with this and feel that my privacy is being invaded. Do I honestly have to put up with a bunch of people traipsing through here while I am still paying rent on the property?

Thanks

In CA, they can show the property with 24 hours notice to you and you have no right to insist on being there - that said, make a deal with the listing Realtor to show when it is most convenient for you - anytime on the weekends with a phone call and you put the Realtor lockbox with the key outside your door or they call the night before and you put the key box out for a showing the next day.

Otherwise, the option is their calling you at any time, going to the Realtor office for the key and coming in whenever they want.

The faster the unit is under contract through your cooperation, the sooner this ordeal will be over for you.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back