sister cutting my time with her children

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatwuann

I have spent time with my sisters children her youngest is now six I have been with him since he was a baby. I helped out my sister during a difficult time with her three children in the last of 2003 and into 2004. In 2006 my sisters marriage ended in divorce 6 months before that my sister wanted me to not be in the kitchen when her children were having their breakfast before school I moved out but when the divorce happened was going to my sisters again and helping out with her kids and home. Now when her youngest the six year old is almost seven my sister is going to start limiting the time I spend with her kids. When she is gone and possibly when she goes on trips. Is there anything I can do legally to stop my sister from more or less cutting me out of her childrens lives?

I have spent time with my sisters children her youngest is now six I have been with him since he was a baby. I helped out my sister during a difficult time with her three children in the last of 2003 and into 2004. In 2006 my sisters marriage ended in divorce 6 months before that my sister wanted me to not be in the kitchen when her children were having their breakfast before school I moved out but when the divorce happened was going to my sisters again and helping out with her kids and home. Now when her youngest the six year old is almost seven my sister is going to start limiting the time I spend with her kids. When she is gone and possibly when she goes on trips. Is there anything I can do legally to stop my sister from more or less cutting me out of her childrens lives?

Nope. As the parent, she is entitled to make those decisions.

I sense there is more to this than your telling us. Why would sister not want you in Kitchen when children are eating? Why woud she want to limit your contact with them? It seems there might be an unhealthy connection between you and children.

I sense there is more to this than your telling us. Why would sister not want you in Kitchen when children are eating? Why woud she want to limit your contact with them? It seems there might be an unhealthy connection between you and children.

Most likely because she didn't want me talking to her kids or them talking to me because they had and still do have a hectic morning schedule which allows no time for conversation. And because of the age of her kids her youngest being almost seven now coupled with the fact she isn't going as much as she used to my sister doesn't need me as much as she used to. I do different things now help around the house tidy up do laundry clean up kitchen etc a couple days a week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back