Sinkhole responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancleg

It's me again...LOL.

A few years ago, we had a "river" running between a few trailers during a storm. As a result, we have developed a sinkhole between my house and shed, and we think the shed is starting to sink as well. We told the landlord at that time and he was going to take care of it. Then a new landlord took over and it's still there, getting slightly worse every time it rains. We didn't want to overwhelm him with things that needed repair, so we waited to mention the sinkhole until a couple months ago. He told my husband there's a nice dirt pile from the well pumphouse he just put in, and he should help himself. We don't have a wheelbarrow, or any of the other equipment required to do this properly. On top of it, we've both got bad backs. I've done research on sinkholes, and they're a lot of work to repair...and best left to professionals. I told the landlord this and haven't heard back. I'm wondering, is this the type of thing that typically falls under "major repairs"...that he would be responsible for?

Thanks,
Candi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back