Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Simple Possession

Erikman123

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
Hi
I was recently charged with simple possession of pills. The police officer found five zanx pills on me, he then gave me a citation. My court date is in two weeks can I know what to expect? This is my first time getting charged with something.

Hi
I was recently charged with simple possession of pills. The police officer found five zanx pills on me, he then gave me a citation. My court date is in two weeks can I know what to expect? This is my first time getting charged with something.

If this is your first swim in POOL OF CRIME, you plead NOT guilty when you're asked "How do you plead?"

You don't admit to anything, you don't discuss any aspect of yoru case.

You can ask the court if you qualify for a public defender.
If you're too RICH to get a free, state supplied lawyer, you can hire your own.
If you're too RICH for a state funded lawyer, but not really RICH at all, you can ask the prosecutor about "deferred adjudication".

IN NC, you can read more about "DA":
If you're facing a Class 3 misdemeanor in NC, it is the least serious type of crime with which you can be charged/

A Class 3 misdemeanor carries a maximum penalty of twenty days in jail and a $200 fine.

Class 3 misdemeanors include simple possession, concealing goods in a store, Driving While License Revoked, 2nd degree trespass, and many other city code violations.

The good news for you, OP, with FEWER than four prior convictions on your record (you have NONE, OP), you can only receive a fine – NO jail time or probation either - just a fine to feed the hungry, state beast.

There are several more, HIGHER offenses, but I won't waste time citing them.

Why?

What the state alleges you did is a petty offense.

But, ask the prosecutor, to make sure.

I rarely recommend a criminal defendant to do this, but in your state, this is a no brainer, time saver.

Once you've confirmed your charge is a class 3 misdemeanor, simply ask the prosecutor if you can plead out.

If you want, post the EXACT citation (the name and offense number of the charge) and I'll verify it for you.

The fine can even be paid by making payment arrangement, as in weekly or monthly payments.

Just be sure you never miss a payment.

Better yet, pay it all off in one payment.

That way its over, and you can forget this nightmare.

Please, for your sake, leave the dope alone.
Yes, its dope, if you abuse it, its outlawed, or its NOT your prescription.

Back