Assault & Battery Simple Domestic Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastlaneknight

Today they found me guilty of Simple Domestic Assault and gave me probation for 11/29 and told me that I am not to have any further incidents again for a year or I'll be put in jail. However, nothing was said to me about a No Contact or Order of Protection. Is there one in place? My fiancee and I are trying to work things out and what facilitated the assault was a reaction to Zoloft as I am Bipolar instead of manic depressive. My therapist even said I shouldn't have been put on it. However, I have gotten off of it and am alot calmer and I don't know how my fiancee can work things out if there is a no contact order. She loves me, I have the texts, letters, even phone calls to prove that easily, but niether of us want me to go to jail for violating any terms of the probation. Before today, we were planning on a future in another state so we could both get work and take care of the children better. Can anyone answer if there is a No Contact Order or an Order of Protection? Its stressing my fiancee and me out really badly.

Call your local law enforcement, provide your name and birthdate, and ask them to check if there is an active protective/restraining order against you.
If there is one you should know and there really should be no question... but check with your local law enforcement to make sure there is nothing on record.

I couldn't get ahold of the probation officer today, but I called the court clerk and she searched her computer files for it and she said there wasn't any protection, no contact orders or anything. Does that mean there isn't any? Sorry, its just a really scary situation. My fiancee informed me today that she has missed her period for a week. So, I love being a father and the pregnacy things and I'm just wanting to make sure.

...bipolar is no different from "manic-depressive illness" - it's merely an updated term used to describe the same thing.

The court clerk wouldn't necessarily have access to that information, by the way so don't count your chickens. I'm also not aware of many actual court clerks who will run criminal checks just off the bat like that.

And certainly don't count your children - you're not a father this time around until 1) the child is born and 2) paternity is legally established.

A LOT could happen before then.

How can I not be the father when I'm like the only person she is ever with unless its her dad or mom? We already have one child together and I have a son from a previous relationship where my son and I were abused daily. I'm being very careful, but we are working things out and have plans for the future to try and save up the money and get married in a year. And I honestly know that if she is pregnant, that the child would be mine. Not going into detail, but trust me, I know. And when it comes to paternity tests, if its a boy, from what I've seen so far, they look just like me. Makes me wonder if all I do is clone myself when I have kids.

If I had a dollar for every time I'd heard that and it turn out not to be the case - I'd never have to work again.

So really - between you and her parents, you have got her chained up in a room somewhere? Monitoring her every movement? Unless that's the case, NONE of you can say with any certainty who the unborn child's father is.

I'm TRULY not trying to be difficult here but paternity is never guaranteed.

That aside though, are you in anger management counseling? Have you both considered couples therapy?

Call your probation officer today to answer the question about the RO.

(as an aside - I'm a stepparent to two beautiful adult girls. I'm told regularly that one is the spitting image of me. Funny, huh? Since we're not biologically related at all)

Not to be a pain, but both of my children act just like me. And seeing as they are from 2 different people, that says something. Both are highly advanced for thier age. They litterally take after me. While I don't believe in chaining anyone up, which is rediculous. My fiancee and I spend like almost every waking moment that I'm not working together. She even texts me every single thing she does (which gets annoying sometimes). And my neighbors would have told me if someone else was at my house as I went to school with them and they are my best friends. My fiancee prefers to stay home as she is a homebody and loves to cook and clean. Its hard, but I make enough money for her to do that. Her only true complaint with me is that I need to do my laundry more often as it can smell. She does have a point with that. I'm not trying to argue with you, but I know what goes on in my life. And I trust her. The only relationship I've ever had where I could completely trust and she reciprocates the same feelings on that. And to go with all of it, when she's with her mom, she's texting me the whole time cause her mom gets on her nerves but she loves her mom and thats just what you have to go through with family when you love them. In my life, I've learned when to and when not to trust someone. The only thing she's ever lied about was "Me: Did you eat my powdered donuts?" "Her: Sweet and innocent look followed by: Nooo". We both believe in an open and honest relationship. And she tells me about her day and even though she doesn't care to hear about auto repair, she listens to how my day was because she cares for me. I will ask my probation officer at 8am. But I didn't sign up for this site to be called nieve when a person doesn't know my life or even who I am, or have my fiancee and mother of my kids (she loves my oldest as her own), basically called a "whore". I do not appreciate that kind of slander. Its uncooth and cruel of a person to instantly judge someone like that. But proves my point that America (even though I'm full blooded american), is not a good country anymore as even those that are ment to help, disrespect and judge you before they know anything about you.

Oh and as far as anger management, the judge just told me to continue my therapy at pathways. And the anger management classes, even if the judge had've issued them to me, I could teach. Same with the metal health field. Been through it all my life, and was doing wonderful until zoloft. Read the side effects. Then post about the meds. Always have facts before speculation.

I couldn't get ahold of the probation officer today, but I called the court clerk and she searched her computer files for it and she said there wasn't any protection, no contact orders or anything. Does that mean there isn't any? Sorry, its just a really scary situation. My fiancee informed me today that she has missed her period for a week. So, I love being a father and the pregnacy things and I'm just wanting to make sure.

It means there probably isn't an order.
If I were you I would contact my local law enforcement and have them to a records check as I suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back