signing over parental rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parental Rights

kearse864 said:
what to do about signing over your parental rights
I am currently pregnant, the father does not want to be in the babies life, so I would like to have him sign over any parental rights. He lives in Ohio and I live in California, are there different steps that I have to take because he lives in a different state? Also, where can I go to start this process. I would kind of like this to be as little of a headache as possible. Thank you for your time!!!

advice on signing over parental rights

Can anyone give me any information on signing over parental rights for the state of Missouri?
I would appreciate any information that would help me in this matter. Thank you

signing over rights, is it possible

my fiance cheated on me back in October, he got the other girl pregnant, before i found this out I found out that I am also pregnant. I am very happy with him and just need to work this awkward situation out. The other girl wants him to sign over parental rights and not be part of her or the babies life. Is this possible with out her going after child support? We both believe that this is the best solution to the situation because they do not get along and she does not want me to have anything to do with "her" baby. What legal forms should we sign or fill out.

People, it makes it easier if you make your own threads for responses, instead of replying to other peoples posts.

April Palmer, you have a complicated situation. First, your fiancee is careless. He just cannot give up his rights, even if the mother wants him too. In order for him to give up his rights, the mother generally must have an adoptive step father in place. You really should think twice vefore marrying this guy if he cheated with no concern about getting her prego :mad:

He will be obligated to support the child if she files.

John, you can do a google search about giving up parental rights in your state. You just cannot do it. In most cases both parties must agree to it and there needs to be a stepfather adoption.

AMS, see my reply to April. Same situation applies.

People, be more careful on who you get pregnant by. Geesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back