Business Contracts Signing contracts with assumed name

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamus8814

I am the owner of 3 legally registered businesses. For more than 15 years I have been using my nick name my grandmother gave me to sign business documents, contracts, register corporations, and all documents relating to my day-to-day business operations. I do not do it to defraud anyone. It's because everyone for more than 15 years knows me by my nick name. Does this is in anyway negate my legal position in any of my contracts? Does this hurt me legally in any way?

I am the owner of 3 legally registered businesses. For more than 15 years I have been using my nick name my grandmother gave me to sign business documents, contracts, register corporations, and all documents relating to my day-to-day business operations. I do not do it to defraud anyone. It's because everyone for more than 15 years knows me by my nick name. Does this is in anyway negate my legal position in any of my contracts? Does this hurt me legally in any way?

Nope, you could even sign with the letter "X".

In fact, I use several signatures to sign credit card receipts, checks, and sometimes as a goof I'll even sign with "Mickey Mouse" or "Donald Duck".

The important thing about a signature is the mark, not the content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back