Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft signed promissorynote, didnt get copy, payment due soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

soscared123

I am so worried. I was accused of employee discount abuse through the purchase of gift cards and I signed a statement confessing that I did do this. I was interrogated for 2 hours and was scared that by not doing it I would suffer even worse like the LP guy said. He made me feel threaten and at the time I was nervous that the police would be involved. I also signed a promissory note that he said i may or may not have to pay back. It doesnt make sense to me why he would say that if I had to sign it and say I would pay a certain amount over a certain period of time. The thing is that I was suspended then fired but I have not been contacted by LP ..I also do not have a copy of the promissory note that I signed. I know, bad part on me for signing it and not getting the copy of it.. I was signing under duress and cant remember what it said on the note. I do remember it saying to send payment to a certain law office and stated the address. My first payment is due in a few days and I dont have a copy so I dont know where to send the money. I am so worried that if I dont pay on time then they could charge me with something or increase the amount. So my question is, should I contact the LP guy and ask about getting a copy of the note? Or should I not do anything? I have heard that if I do not have a copy and if its not notarized then it doesnt count. What should I do?

Send me a message with the name of the store. Something is not adding up. It sounds like a department store with a big red star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back