Business Contracts Should I get paid for my transaction after terminating employment with a brokerage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetian

I am a real estate agent. I had an ongoing sale when I left a brokerage 2 weeks ago. That sale should have closed yesterday, but before I went to closing, my ex-broker jumped in and excluded me from the final. His intention is to rob all my commission by leaving me out.

Right now I have 2 proofs to hold on to: 1)The employment contract signed when I joined his brokerage says: "C. When agent's asscociation with Remirus terminates for any reason, Licensee (the broker) will release and allow Agent to take all solo listings and buyer agency contracts that Agent was responsible for obtaining. If Agent shares listings or buyer agency contracts with other agents at Remirus the listings and buyer agency contracts will remain with Remirus but the Agent will receive his or her full share of the related commission when a sale of the property closes. D. After Agent's accosication with Remirus terminates, Licensee will continue to pay Agent's commissions on closed transactions in accordance with the commission splitting/capping policies that applied on the date of Agent's termination. " 2)In an email (in writng, indeed) sent to me after termination, he said he will let me have my transactions.

My question is: am I entitled to the commission or not?

You might be entitled,you might not be entitled to a commission.

If he or she won't pay, you'll have to sue for it.

You can discuss this with your state's wage and labor board.

They might have some information for you.

But, I'm thinking that if he won't pay willingly, you'll have to use the court system.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back