Should I apply for EIN and file tax after short form cancellation

Vims

Jurisdiction
California
Hi,

I created an LLC in California. Before I conducted any business, even before I applied for EIN or filed Statement of Information, I decided it is a bad idea and cancelled the LLC using the Short Form Cancellation. I received the cancellation certificate from the state too.

I'm wondering if I should still apply for an EIN and file taxes this year? I searched but couldn't find much information about this. Could someone please help?

Thanks

Hi,

I created an LLC in California. Before I conducted any business, even before I applied for EIN or filed Statement of Information, I decided it is a bad idea and cancelled the LLC using the Short Form Cancellation. I received the cancellation certificate from the state too.

I'm wondering if I should still apply for an EIN and file taxes this year? I searched but couldn't find much information about this. Could someone please help?

Thanks

Probably not if you didn't activate your entity.

However, I'm not a tax attorney, nor am I a CPA.

I'm just a poor, dumb old Texas Hill Country lawyer.

You're asking about tax matters.

Tax advice is best received from your CPA or tax attorney.

First of all, why would you file taxes for an entity that conducted no business, had no income and incurred no expenses? Second, if this was a single member LLC, it is disregarded for federal and CA income tax purposes.

Back