Shoplifting

Charlotte576

Jurisdiction
Alabama
I worked at Kohl's and we regularly give out kohls cash. One day some lady came through my line and left before getting her kohls cash and receipt. I took the kohls cash (I know it was wrong of me and I deeply regret it) and spent it that next week. I got called into the LP office and she asked me about it because they had gotten it on tape and asked me what else I had taken from kohls. She had me fill out this sheet where I wrote down all the things I took
•$45.00 in kohls cash
• $15.00 necklace
•$25.00for a shirt
I filled out the paper work saying I took these things and how sorry I was and that I was willling to pay back everything I took. I signed it and then she gave me a paper saying I had to call the number and pay the $225.00 fee. I of course got fired, but I'm deeply ashamed for what I did I I'll never do it again. I was just wondering if anything else was going to happen to me. She said she had to review my case and that they would call me back about paying the $ 85.00 dollars in merchandise I took. I however wasn't banned from the store, just when I came in I was to be respectful. I don't know what I should do or who I should call. I'm eighteen and this is the first thing I have ever done like this, and I just need some advice.

Stop stealing.
Stay away from the store even though they didn't ban you.
Do not answer their phone calls or acknowledge their letters (except any official summons to appear in court, which is incredibly unlikely).
Keep your money.
They will go away.

Employment for you could be difficult. Go see a recruiter and give a few years to the military. You won't find a better paying job with better benefits at your age, and you'll come away from it more mature with some job experience and money for college.

You should also be concerned if the store you should not have named belongs to a Retail Theft database. If so working retail will be VERY hard for next 7 years

I worked at Kohl's and we regularly give out kohls cash. One day some lady came through my line and left before getting her kohls cash and receipt. I took the kohls cash (I know it was wrong of me and I deeply regret it) and spent it that next week. I got called into the LP office and she asked me about it because they had gotten it on tape and asked me what else I had taken from kohls. She had me fill out this sheet where I wrote down all the things I took
•$45.00 in kohls cash
• $15.00 necklace
•$25.00for a shirt
I filled out the paper work saying I took these things and how sorry I was and that I was willling to pay back everything I took. I signed it and then she gave me a paper saying I had to call the number and pay the $225.00 fee. I of course got fired, but I'm deeply ashamed for what I did I I'll never do it again. I was just wondering if anything else was going to happen to me. She said she had to review my case and that they would call me back about paying the $ 85.00 dollars in merchandise I took. I however wasn't banned from the store, just when I came in I was to be respectful. I don't know what I should do or who I should call. I'm eighteen and this is the first thing I have ever done like this, and I just need some advice.

I'll add four comments for your consideration.

Don't ever steal ANYTHING as long as you live.

No one is required to answer anyone's question(s).

In the future if someone wishes to question you about criminal activity, simply say, "Sorry, I will affirmatively assert my RIGHT to remain silent." Then simply emulate the portrait of "Mona Lisa", flashing her wry smile with sealed lips.

A video ALONE of you allegedly doing "something", proves NOTHING, unless you blab.

Back