Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatdane

Can someone please explain to me whether or not a retail store can pursue shoplifting charges against someone if nothing was removed from the store. If the tags that were on the clothes were laying on the dressing room floor when the items were returned back to the rack, does this amount to any form of shoplifting.

I stress that nothing was taken from the store. Instead, the security guard found tags on the dressing room floor and followed my friend out to the parking lot and wrote down his license plate.

Thank you in advance. I tried locating information on the web but couldnt locate a site dedicated to Pennsylvania law.

Yes they may pursue it, yet they must also prove it. The info within your post does not warrant sufficient cause to suspect shoplifting. I surmise there may be missing info.

If nothing was taken and the person not stopped then there may be other reasons for taking plate number. Check the link in my signature line that forum may have someone on it who knows PA law

pepite theft

well I went to wallmart to exchange a fish tank, I did exchanged however I droped in the box a ligh and heather. I was stoped on the door and sent to the security room. Police officer came charged me $50 fine and I was released.
I would like to find out if this is going to go to my record.
I don't have to go to a court, this was my first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back