Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting, no summons, cops called

• Thread Starter scaredashamed13
  • Start date
S

scaredashamed13

Jurisdiction
Maine
Foolish mistake was made, extremely embarrassed/ashamed... Caught shoplifting less than $30. Cop was called, LP and him both said no summons would be issued. They would be contacting my university though. LP said civil demand would be sent, to pay it and that should be it. What are the changes of still being summoned/charged and going to court? It was at Khols, if that matters. Signed papers for 1 year ban.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer question s like yours daily.If you pay Civil Demand it is VERY unlikely this will go any further but no one can say for sure. By the way it was unwise to name store on public forum

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer question s like yours daily.If you pay Civil Demand it is VERY unlikely this will go any further but no one can say for sure. By the way it was unwise to name store on public forum
just curious why its dumb to say store name on webssite... if hes already caught they know who he is already

"Generally" if you pay the civil demand, no further action will be taken against you.

Back