shoplifting navy exchange in honolulu

jessics

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I got caught shoplifting earlier in Navy base in honolulu. i m a dependent and my husband is in Airforce. I got caught in a cctv and they put me in a room. They said i have to pay for the 200$ and they gave me a USDX viilation notice. i should get a mail when to go to court. I dont know what will happen to me. This is my first time and its the biggest mistake ive ever done.

I dont know what will happen to me.

If you haven't informed your husband about this incident, do so before he hears about it from his chain of command.

Several things MIGHT happen to you, as each case is handled individually.

You could be banned from AAFES shopping (including the shopettes) for a year or two.

You will probably have to pay a fine through the US Magistrate on base, or at the appropriate courthouse. Once you receive the papers from the US Attorney, make sure you read them and do as instructed. You DON'T want to miss any court dates.

You'll be required to pay the assessment the AP or store security agent spoke to you about.

Your husband will be notified, and in some cases it can affect his carreer and promotion prospects.

If a child was with you when you allegedly did this "deed", you might receive a visit from your base child services (or state child services agency).

In some cases, you could be banned from being on base, or even ordered to return to CONUS (as in the continental 48) and be denied entry to any military installation for a year, up to three years.

You'll probably be ordered to do 120 to 240 hours of community service on base, (if convicted or you plead guilty) so prepare for that, too.

Your Tricare won't be impacted, so there is that small blessing.

Going forward, please don't steal anything from anyone, it is far more costly than avoiding paying for whatever the shiny trinket would have cost you!

my husaband is in national guard for my state, will je lose his job?

Probably not, but you need to tell him EVERYTHING, especially if this has happened before.

Once he knows EVERYTHING, he'll be better able to prepare for things that might impact him and your family.

this is my first time, i made a big mistake to put it inside my purse and walked out to look for him to pay for it....

this is my first time, i made a big mistake to put it inside my purse and walked out to look for him to pay for it....
What is "it"...what did you steal? Are you stating you placed an object inside your purse to find hubby outside in order to pay for the object? That's your story?

yes...it is perfurm and sunscreen. i didnt mean to steal it. my fault to put the unpay item and walk out the store. more important i have never been in the store before ever. they asked me to come inside to the office wrote down my information. tell me to pay 200 dollars but i need to wait in the mail.
i live in TN and the incident i made in haiwaii.
should i hire lawyer in haiwaii or TN. and where should i go to the court? ...

yes...it is perfurm and sunscreen. i didnt mean to steal it. my fault to put the unpay item and walk out the store. more important i have never been in the store before ever. they asked me to come inside to the office wrote down my information. tell me to pay 200 dollars but i need to wait in the mail.

Your story isn't at all believable, and it wasn't a "mistake." A mistake is wearing one blue shoe and one black shoe - what you did was intentional theft. If you really intended to have your husband pay for the merchandise you would have called him.

Since you shoplifted in HI, you should hire an attorney there.

Come up with a better story. . You most certainly meant to put the perfume and sunscreen in your purse and walk out of the store. That is theft. I really doubt this was the first time you did this...just the first time getting caught.

i did call him, i asked where is he. he told me went on the right. i did walk out without thinking because my hand is busy with the stroller and i need the baby fomular. yes i felt terrible right now..

Let's put it this way, Jessica.

Even if you really, truly did accidentally put items in your purse and then walk out having forgotten to pay quite innocently, the 3,278,492,671 other shoplifters who have used that story before mean that no one is going to believe you.

You have brought dishonor to your husband..... This was the first time that you got caught is what you should be saying. As stated above your bull crap excuse has been heard by all shop lifters. They should fine you big time and ban you from the military base.

Back