Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft shoplifting in va

Status
Not open for further replies.

grl03

Earlier today I was caught shoplifting at a grocery store in Southwest Virginia. I was stopped as I was leaving the store and the security guard recovered the merchandise which totaled around $10. I was given a civil demand notice, signed a form saying I wouldn't trespass onto any of their location's properties, the police were called, and I'm to appear in court mid-December. Of course I'm regretting this stupid action and tearing myself up about this but I want to focus on taking care of my mistake the right way. I'm 21, poor, a student, and want to avoid getting my parents involved if possible. Any advice on what to do or how to approach this situation? I want to completely prepare myself as best as I can and want to know what to expect at my court date.

VA has some very tough theft laws so you need to make sure you know your options. Start calling lawyers many offer free consultations get as many as you can. Ask them if diversion is a plea option in your case. Diversion usually works like a conviction withfines probation etc but once you complete program your case is dimissed which means no criminal record

Pm me the name of the store and city. I can assist you and recommend lawyers that will be able to assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back