Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting in TX questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

normaj

Allright I've posted here before but now I need some more anwsers. I shoplifted in August and last month I got the civil demand letter and paid it. That is all, I wasn't required to go to court or anything like that. My questions are:

1. I was told that I don't have a criminal record because I wasn't arrested by the police and don't have a court date. However would this incident still show up in backround checks when I apply for jobs? Or just if the job was in retail?

2. The National Theft Database- on their website it says they don't enter minors/people under the age of 18 . I'm 17 but in Texas that is considered an adult. The security gaurd asked for my DOB so was my name probbably entered in the database? I have a feeling that it was but I just want to be certian.

1. I was told that I don't have a criminal record because I wasn't arrested by the police and don't have a court date. However would this incident still show up in backround checks when I apply for jobs? Or just if the job was in retail?
As you are already aware without Police contact qand court action you have no criminal record. However if the retailer is a subscriber to the retail theft database your name is likely in there.

2. The National Theft Database- on their website it says they don't enter minors/people under the age of 18 . I'm 17 but in Texas that is considered an adult. The security gaurd asked for my DOB so was my name probbably entered in the database? I have a feeling that it was but I just want to be certian.
Normanjr is our expert on these databases I will direct him to this topic so he can reply. He may ask you to PM him info. He is a trusted member so it is safe to give him any info he request but do so via PM for your safety

shrinkmaster said:
Normanjr is our expert on these databases I will direct him to this topic so he can reply. He may ask you to PM him info. He is a trusted member so it is safe to give him any info he request but do so via PM for your safety

I see, please do cotact him!

The database only includes those above 18 years of age. You still will be in an internal databases and will not be able to gain employment at that store or sister stores.

Pm me the name of the store and I will be able to give you more details on their civil demand and databases program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back