Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft shoplifting in ky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam2011

I was caught shopping lifting today and recieved a citation. It was 67.oo worth of stuff. I have never done this before and it was a terrible wrong decision! I have two young girls that I stay home with and ine had an event coming up for school that I volunteered fro and money has been really tight latley and i had just spent a bunch of money on grocieries and diapers, ect.. and I just didnt have the money to help as I had planned to. So instead of telling the group that I could not help. I stole the items needed. :( I am very mad and disappionted in myself and ashamed of my actions special with raising two kids. I now have to apear at court and want to know
1. do I need a lawyer? I really am strapped finacially!
2. Will I go to jail for this or have to hold a sign in front of the store I stole from?
3. Is there anything i can do to get this off my record?
4. I f i cant get this off my record will I have a hard time getting a job in the future?
5. what amount do I need to save up before court?

Your post has been edited for your protection. Now for your answers

1. do I need a lawyer? I really am strapped finacially!
Yes! Many offer free consultations get as many as you can
2. Will I go to jail for this or have to hold a sign in front of the store I stole from?
Jail is very unlikely the later is up to Judge and any plea deal you might arrange
3. Is there anything i can do to get this off my record?
Yes, if you meet criteria ask the Lawyers you consult about ACD or Diversion as plea options
4. I f i cant get this off my record will I have a hard time getting a job in the future?
Yes, but lets hope you can get diversion and not worry about this now
5. what amount do I need to save up before court?
If your income meets requirements you might get a Public Defender they are free or low costs $50.00 - $200.00 approxs depending on time they spend on case. Fines from court will be less than $500.00. There may be classes that will have cost attached but I cannot speculate their cost likely less than $200.00 but that is a guess. The court and class will likely accept a payment plan which will be part of your probation to pay on time.

Side note expect a letter from a law firm in regards to this case its called "Civil Demand" its legal and state law you should pay this promptly as there can be life long consequences for not doing so. A $67.00 theft will possibly have a civil demand around $500.00 approx if I had to guess. Normanjr (trusted member here) knows more about civil demand and I will direct him to this topic to answer when he can

If made to walk in front of the store. We live in a small town and it would not only punish me but it would also punish my family! They should not have to suffer for my wrong doing! :( Could i were a wig and try to conseal my identity? :/ Or would i be arrested by trying to do this?

I was wondering if I made myself look diff (if made to walk in front of the store) would i get in trouble for trying to conseal who I was from other people?

The maximum amount allowed by Kentucky law is $500. I am betting the civil demand will be $250. Stay away from the store and pay your civil demand.

Did research and in my area it is something they do with the sign. I also read that if you don't want to do the sign you can pay 300.00 more in fines and not have to do that. I am thining about it because I am scared to death of what is gonna happen to me.

That is your call I doubt they will permit you to alter your appearence that defeats purpose of the punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back