Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting from well known grocery store in GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola113

Well I was at a very popular grocery store/ retail store and I took a few things, they stopped me on my way out and took everything in my purse that would ring up in there system from there ( I took 4 things they took about 10 things out of my purse) and the total came up to $78. It was something so stupid, and they gave me a ticket. Well the ticket is saying that I have a mandatory court date. I'm in the state of GA, does anyone know what may happen? First offense, 22 yrs old, clean record. I was just depressed about money and I wanted to do something for myself. It was fingernail polish........ I know really stupid. :blush

Your biggest concern should be having a criminal record when this is over. In order to make sure that doesnt happen you should talk to a Lawyer. Ask this Lawyer if Diversion is available in your county for this case

I work Loss Prevention in the state of Georgia. In the city I work in for the first offense it's a $500 fine, anywhere between 40-80 community service and anwhere between 3 months- a year probation. It's likely different from city to city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back