Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting, f1, canada help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpneeded89

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am extremely embarrassed and ashamed to admit that I shoplifted for the first time in my life this afternoon, I have no idea why I did it and have never done anything like this before and realized how stupid this was and I have jeopardized my entire future for something entirely useless and wrong. I have the privilege of studying in Canada as an international student, I have an F1 visa and able to be here at the generosity of my parents. I was caught shoplifting a pair of earrings and taking to the room upstairs where the police were called. They took my information, picture, let immigration know obviously but I was not charged. I spoke with the police woman and she told me it was important I contact immigration Canada as she does not know what will happen, if I will be allowed back in etc. She said since I have no criminal record, and was not charged it is possible they dismiss it as a one time aberration but she really doesn't know, it is also possible that I will have trouble reentering the country. I am leaving Canada in 5 days for winter vacation and will be returning in 2 weeks. Please advise me on whether or not I will face difficulties reentering the country and if there is a procedure I need to follow in applying to have this incident dismissed etc. As the police suggested I will be contacting immigration first thing in the morning to find out more information, but need advice on whether it is important to also seek legal help or a representative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back