Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft shoplifting by foreign student

Status
Not open for further replies.

iantata

I was arrested for petty theft at a department store in NYC. I was convicted of Penal Law 240.20, disorderly conduct. Am I eligible or ineligible to re-enter to the U.S?
Although I did not have to pay a fine, I did one day community service. It was my first time, and I did not do any wrong during one year conditional discharge.

I plan to go to my country in the following winter, so I am really worrying about whether i am admissible or not because still I need two more semesters to get my degree.

I found that theft is one of most common type of crimes would make a person inadmissible to the U.S., but I also found that disorderly conduct is not considered crimes that make a person inadmissible to the U.S.

If I am not inadmissible to the U.S., Is there a way to set aside such an obstacle to my entry?

thanks in advance. please do respond quickly - since i am very worried about this. thanks!

hi iantata,
i'm sorry i dont have a reply for you, but i want to know if you had an attorney present when you went to court. Or did you get a public defender? what did you plead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back