Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifted & went back to store

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpinGa

Two months ago I made the worst decision of my life and shoplifted from a store in Georgia. There were no police involved and I have still not received a civil demand. I was never told nor signed anything that I would not re-enter that store. Well, recently, I went back to that store because I needed a good buy on a product. I would NEVER shoplift again and obviously did not this time. While I was in there, I saw the same LP in undercover clothes and "acting" like he was shopping. I don't know if he recognized me or not. I heard on the radio "Bob to the back please" (bob was not actual name). As I went to check out and pay for the items I had picked out, A man walked up to the register to check me out. I looked at his name tag and it was the same name that was called to the back. He said "I think I checked you at last time." Not thinking, I smiled and said, "You probably did, I like to shop!". I paid with my credit card and following the rules, he checked me for my ID/License. It just seemed stage. How he was called to come to the back, magically appeared to check me out, "remembered me", then asked for my ID.

Since it has been 2 months w/out hearing from them I was hoping that there would be no civil demand & that they made a mistake in the process somewhere.

I drove off & they could have easily gotten my license plate number. Is there anything that they could do? I did NOT shoplift this time. Only once two months ago and got caught. Like what if they knew they made a mistake & me being there reminded them of it? Could they call the police and have them randomly show up at my house?

Am I overreacting?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post & answer my questions.

They were watching most likely because you had stolen before. Relax long as you did nothing wrong your fine. Did you give your correct address when you were stopped the first time? Its possible the Civil Recovery service told store they could not reach you at address they gave and the LP was getting your address.

Yes, I gave them real information. Is it possible I will not be receiving one since it has been so long? It could have been lost in mail, typo, or they decided to do nothing (unlikely).

When the guy verified my ID to my credit card he did not write anything down or act suspcious.

Okay but how many months? It has been a little over two. I have talked to others who said they never rec'd a civil demand. How long should I wait before I don't have to worry? Like is there a chance they wouldn't send the civil demand?

We cant say as we dont know why it has not come yet. I can say I have heard of cases where Civil Demand was not recieved for 6 or more months. You can certainly contact the Civil Recovery service the store uses to find status of your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back