Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifted, Caught, Confessed & Nothing Has Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpinGa

I have posted on here before when my situation first arose. Here is a brief background: I was caught shoplifting around $100 in the state of GA. All items returned in condition and I was very honest/cooperative. The LP mentioned that he was not on duty & just in the store with his wife. (he does work there just wasn't working at the particular time). So I was caught, signed everything, gave correct info, etc. He said no police would be involved but that I should be expecting a civil demand letter to pay money to them. I have been saving for this and am more than willing to pay for my horrible mistake.

It has been EIGHT (8) months and no word from anyone on this. Nothing in the mail, no phone calls, etc. I can't figure out why they wouldn't at least send me a civil demand. I've thought maybe because the LP wasn't actually working and it might also be because I gave them an alternative ID (not drivers license) with my picture but no contact info and maybe they thought I lied about the info I did give?

I just can't seem to figure it out & I am so worried about it coming in the mail to my parents house.

The letter will go to whatever address you gave them. If incorrect your fine may have tripled or more! You can call the store and ask them for number of their Civil Recovery service. Then call them and ask them if they have anything under your name

By the way for your protection the store name and its parent company were removed from your post

Okay thank you so much. I gave all of the correct information. I even gave correct phone number. I do not want to call them and have attention brought to myself. If they contact me of course I will respond and send the money.

Based on your experience or situation, what are the chances that I will not be receiving anything? Thank you.

Your situation is different the LP was off duty. If Civil Demand was submitted you should have recieved it. I still suggest you call store (do not give your name) and ask for the number to their Civil Recovery service

I just posted a testimonial. Thank you so much once again for your help.

Any other advice/opinions on my situation are GREATLY appreciated. Someone else told me that maybe the LP got lazy since he wasn't on duty. I think that is a possibility (along w/ many others).

How long does the store have to send a civil demand? Like is there a statute of limitations? Thanks & have a great day.

Some stores have more efficient civil demand processes than others. The LP may have forgotten to put the paperwork in or he may have entered an incorrect address.

I would call the company and ask to for their civil demand department information. Send me a PM with the store name and I can see if I can help you in this matter. Do not post the store name on the board.

Norman Jr said:
Some stores have more efficient civil demand processes than others. The LP may have forgotten to put the paperwork in or he may have entered an incorrect address.

I would call the company and ask to for their civil demand department information. Send me a PM with the store name and I can see if I can help you in this matter. Do not post the store name on the board.

Heck dont post store name on any board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back