Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifted at Walmart, got banned, but let me go without calling the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.

regretful

Help, Shoplifted at Walmart, got banned, but let me go without calling the police...

I was stupid and shoplifted at Walmart. It was for about $60. I bought some items, and hid some of the other things in my cart to avoid paying for them. The gentleman approached me about ten feet outside the door in the parking lot wanting to check my receipt. Stupid stupid me, I know. I am 31 years old. He brought me back to their office, and they had me fill out their form with all of my information like my DL# and SS# and name and address, I can't remember the name of the form, something that they fill out for anyone who gets pulled back into the loss prevention office. I was cooperative, and told them I have no prior record, and that I realized I was wrong, and would they allow me to pay for my merchandise and be on my way? After much talking outside the door between the loss prevention man and the store manager, the manager said because I had been cooperative, they would allow me to pay for the merchandise, and I would have to agree to be banned forever from all Walmart and Sams Clubs. I signed the banned form which basically said if I was caught on their property, I would be charged with criminal tresspassing.
My question is this, am I really banned FOREVER? Will this haunt me in any way since the police were not called, and I have read on other sites things about a civil suit, and having to pay fines. They didn't say anything to me to make me feel like there would be any further action on this. They acted like this would be the last of this situation... can anyone tell me what, if anything may happen after this incident. Also is the ban truly 'forever'? If it is, is there a way to get it lifted?
Also, they did give me a copy of Chapter 134. Texas Theft Liabilty Act, but I do not belive I signed anything, he made it seem like this was a piece of paper describing Walmarts policy or something along those lines....
Thank you for any input. I realize I was stupid.

Last edited:
If you signed a criminal trespass form then yes you are banned. Although I do not believe they can criminal trepass you with out the police being there as it has to be on file with them. Call your local PD and ask them if YOU can criminal tresspass your girlfriend without having them come out. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back