Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplift MA

Q

Qpalzm

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Yes I've been on here before and talked about my incident. I shoplifted at kohls 1yr ago and paid y civil demand $25 a month for 10 months. I finished in oct. They also recovered the jeans and the makeup total $ amount was about 88-100. LP said if I paid civil demand problem would disappear. I've never received a summons but I also moved from my original address 5 mnths later. I gave them another address too on the paper I signed but never received anything there. In nov I began forwarding my mail to my other address after both my old roommates moved too. So I'm still scared that somehow I never recieved my summons and it's pending or whatever. What I want to know is :
Do you think it's likely they sent one that I never received? It's been one year since the incident. December 2015.
Should I still be worrying? MA has a crazy long stature from misdemeanors- 6 yrs.
this is my first ever offense. The LP was very nice to me and even asked what college I go to and how it was.
Also- I know my name must be on the national retail theft database.
I need to get my passport to travel abroad and I was wondering if I will have any problems. I've heard it's challenging to travel abroad with a record. But I'm unsure if I have a record or not. Also I am 20 and I was 19 when I did it.

**last time many of you yelled at me for what I did. I know it was terrible. I lost one parent a few yrs ago and don't get along with my other. So, I believe this was a part of my downward spiral that I've since overcome. We all have bad moments In life and I just had a weird feeling of entitlement after what I went through. I'd never do it again and I understand how disgusting it is. So please save the lecture and just help me. I'm a college student I have a job and I volunteer, I'm no longer such an awful person. Thanks guys.

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. If there was no Police then there is likely no or never was a court date you might have missed. A simple call to courts will resolve that question. Being on a Retail Theft Database should not impact your getting a passport

Should I still be worrying?

Worrying never solved anything.

As suggested before, contact the court and ask them your questions.

No one here (MYSELF INCLUDED) knows what the courts, the prosecutor, the police, or anyone else in MA government has done, or will do about your case.

If you are THAT concerned, HIRE a lawyer and instruct the lawyer to seek the answers you appear to desperately need.

Agreed... A phone call can alleviate your concerns, but it seems extremely unlikely the court was ever involved.
This was handled civilly, not criminally, so there is no criminal record to speak of. You won't have any trouble crossing the border because of this.

Back