1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Shared Well Misuse

Discussion in 'Easements & Right of Way Law' started by Beej13, Jun 16, 2016.

  1. Beej13

    Beej13 Law Topic Starter Guest

    There are 3 families sharing the well. One household was sued last year for abusing the well/water and causing damage by running the well dry on 3 occasions by using a gold sluice. That neighbor is again engaging in using the sluice and the water bill has doubled as has usage. The well is located on my property and is for household use per the well agreement. We are considering a civil case to stop the abuse and revise the well agreement to block this person from the well agreement. Is this the proper way to move forward to eliminate this problem. How do I find an attorney to help in such a case?
  2. adjusterjack

    adjusterjack Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Might be the "legally" proper way but I suspect you'll be wasting your money since lawsuits and agreements apparently don't stop this neighbor from doing what he is doing.

    Comes a time when you have to weigh the costs of litigation and enforcement against the cost of drilling your own well and letting the other two fight it out.

    There's a lawyer directory at the top of this page, google, or local yellow pages, or even the same lawyer you used last time. Then start making phone calls.

Share This Page