shady car dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

singing2014

As part of a divorce settlement, I was awarded a 2012 Ford Taurus. My ex (who is now deceased) refused to give me the car unless I traded it. He wanted his name off the loan. He dropped it off at the ford dealership with instructions not to give me the keys.
The dealership tried to get me to trade that day but I refused. Finally they gave me the keys to the car. I was heavily pressured my my ex and the dealership to trade, and I finally gave in. I couldn't refi through my bank, and the dealership said they weren't in the refi business.
The day I traded he salesman came to me and said the car I had chosen was already sold, but he had another just the same but without the winter package, moon roof, etc.
When I entered the dealership I owed 23k on the Taurus, and left owing 28k + for a Focus.
Duped!
When I later talked to an attorney riend I learned all I had to do was have the title signed. Not once did the dealership tell me this. I called the dealership and said, "You didn't tell me all I had to do was have the title signed." All they had to say was, "Oh."
When my ex passed away, so did monetary support. I lost the Focus to repossession, and now Ford motor credit wants 12k - the difference from what they sold the Focus for. I want to sue the dealership.
Is this a case of buyer beware? Or do I have a chance of winning?
Thank uou

You have zero chance, sorry to say. You need to fully understand the terms and conditions of these transactions before you agree to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back