Shady Car Dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djharris16

I purchased a car about two months ago from a car dealership, and got financed. I was told I had to put $1000 down in order to be financed, and all I could put down at first was $500. I've been making payments to the car dealership and now all I owe is $210. From the get-go, this dealership has been very shady with me. When I purchased the car in September, I only purchased it because I was told they would fix the brakes, the shocks, and the heater of the car. It is now December and they haven't bothered fixing anything. On top of that, the brakes in my car got so bad that I had to fix them myself and now the company won't reimburse me for the cost and labor of putting on brand new brakes.

Also, they never sent in my title information to the DMV, so when I went to the DMV today to register my car since the temporary permit had expired, I was told that I needed a copy of my sales contract to get an extension and get another permit so I can continue driving while I pay off my down payment. When I called the company, the person I spoke to said that he would fax the contract over right away. 15 minutes later, the DMV still hadn't received it, and when I called back, he informed me that he hadn't actually sent the papers, and that the company wouldn't give me any information until the rest of my down payment was paid off.

So what I'm wondering is, what do I do and is there anything I can do since my downpayment is still not completely paid off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back