Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Sexual misconduct - how many counts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burkett

In New York State a person was charged with sexual misconduct for having innercourse with a underage person. The victim told the police that they had been having sex for the past year, so they have had several interactions. Are the police obligated to charge the person with more than one count of sexual misconduct? As the victims parent can I make this request?

The judge has refused to issue a stay away order to the victim because the woman who committed the crime is now pregnat as a result of the crime and the judge feels the victim should "step up and assit the pregnat woman now that she is about to have his child". I am looking for a law that I can refer to in talking with the DA's office that will force them to issue the stay away order.

Legally its DA not Cops who file charges. Its the DA the Victim or family should talk to. Far as cahrges one count for each sex act. This is not just intercourse. This can be oral sex (giving or recieving) penetration with digits or objects list goes on. If this has gone on for sometime the accussed is looking at life (in theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back