Sexual Explicit pictures being shown at workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

embrssdinnj

My situation is this..I had an affair with my husband's co-worker. My first stupid mistake. During that time i did send my naked pics which i obviously intended to stay between us. Second stupid mistake. The affair was ended and my husband found out. Since then the other guy has been showing my private pictures to other co-workers to prove the affair happened. My husband's friend verified this as he was shown the pics, because he didnt believe there was an affair. I have a very identifiable tattoo on my breast. Is there any recourse i have to stop him from showing these pictures? My husband has had to resign from his place of employment over this issue. To avoid any potential physical confrontation at work--my husband resigned. Is it illegal to be showing sexually explicit pics to others without their consent? Does my husband have any recourse in regards to loss of employment?

They are his pictures now. He can share them with anyone he wants to.
Your husband voluntarily resigned his position. He can't hold someone else responsible for his decision.
Your only recourse is to ask the guy to pretty please stop sharing the pictures. He certainly doesn't have to comply, but asking nicely wouldn't hurt.

Your husband no longer works there, you're no longer shagging his co-worker, STOP communicating and caring about what goes on there.

I have a different view on the matter. Run, do not walk, to the Human Resources office and file an official complaint of sexual harassment.

It may not stop him from showing the pictures elsewhere but as far as the workplace is concerned, if having sexually explicit pictures of you shown without your consent, no matter who owns them, isn't sexual harassment I'd like to know what is.

OP is not a co-worker in the scenario and has no basis for a sexual harassment claim. She was fooling around with her husband's co-worker. Husband was apparently never shown the photos but learned of them from another party. Husband doesn't appear to have any claim to make either, and has already quit his job voluntarily anyway.
This is a lose-lose for the OP.

Have you contacted the employer they might at least talk to your former love and request he no bring these photos to work.

Okay, she was fooling around with someone she shouldn't have been fooling around with. Bad OP. Smack hand. She still has rights.

So I got the pronouns confused and thought it was the OP's co-workers who have been shown the pictures. I apologize. Mea culpa.

I can't believe you think it's acceptable behavior on the part of the co-worker.

OP, talk to an attorney. Seriously.

It's not "acceptable/correct" behavior but I don't know if OP has a case or not. (mixed feeling here) Husband has quit the co. & OP never worked there. She can certainly talk to a lawyer & get his/her opinion.

Its generally NOT ok to share or distribute or the like sexually explicit material in the workplace. Anyone offended by material could file a sexually harassment claim to my understanding.

Well, that and IIRC from the most fabulous quincy, there may be a cause of action relating to invasion of privacy.

Okay, she was fooling around with someone she shouldn't have been fooling around with. Bad OP. Smack hand. She still has rights.

So I got the pronouns confused and thought it was the OP's co-workers who have been shown the pictures. I apologize. Mea culpa.

I can't believe you think it's acceptable behavior on the part of the co-worker.

OP, talk to an attorney. Seriously.

While it may be immoral it is not illegal, at least not as described here.
The worst that could happen is that the employer's rules of conduct are violated and the co-worker is disciplined or fired, but that doesn't stop him from showing pictures to anyone he wants.
The OP gave up control of those photos the moment she sent them, and she is not being blackmailed or victimized in any way regarding them.
There is nothing to do here but learn a lesson and try to repair a marriage.

Its generally NOT ok to share or distribute or the like sexually explicit material in the workplace. Anyone offended by material could file a sexually harassment claim to my understanding.

In this case the OP is not an employee and the husband never saw the photos. There is only rumor that photos were seen by a third party.
There is no sexual harassment in the works in this scenario, but the employee with the photo could disciplined other grounds. I suspect that is unlikely as the husband already quit his job.

I guess if the husband's co-worker shows the pictures to someone who takes offense to them, the person could report the action to HR & the co-worker most likely would be disciplined. Whether there is a sexual harassment case here - not "sure" though I could see the "possibility".

I don't see the husband having any recourse re his job since he resigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back