Sex offender

Jessika Clopton

I am wondering if In the state of California, can a convicted sex offender (child molester under age of 14) live in the same home as children who are not their own biological children? I am asking because my step father molested my oldest brother and my cousin, both on my moms side, went to prison and when he was released my mother continued to stay with him and I lived with him my entire life from age 3-18. I was born while he was locked up and was 3 when he was released. I also know there has to be some sort of law she broke by allowing me to be in the home with him Knowing damn well what he did. So sick. If anyone can give me some advice i would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

I am wondering if In the state of California, can a convicted sex offender (child molester under age of 14) live in the same home as children who are not their own biological children? I am asking because my step father molested my oldest brother and my cousin, both on my moms side, went to prison and when he was released my mother continued to stay with him and I lived with him my entire life from age 3-18. I was born while he was locked up and was 3 when he was released. I also know there has to be some sort of law she broke by allowing me to be in the home with him Knowing damn well what he did. So sick. If anyone can give me some advice i would appreciate it very much. Thank you.
How old are you now? What is your objective?

How old are you now? What is your objective?

I'm 26 now. Honestly at the moment I just want some answers. I wanna know how many people did me wrong and if the system should not have allowed my mother to have him in our home in the first place, I may have somewhere to start. I have thought about pressing charges but idk if I even have a case because I have no proof besides my own word. I have not spoken to or had contact with my mother in over 1 year, my step father in probably over 3 years.

I'm 26 now. Honestly at the moment I just want some answers. I wanna know how many people did me wrong and if the system should not have allowed my mother to have him in our home in the first place, I may have somewhere to start. I have thought about pressing charges but idk if I even have a case because I have no proof besides my own word. I have not spoken to or had contact with my mother in over 1 year, my step father in probably over 3 years.
Start a case about him abusing me. That may be clear by my post but wanted to add that in.

Was it commonly known that your mother had a child sex offender living with you? Did you every report to a trusted adult... father, teacher, pastor, sibling...etc...that you were being abused? Was there ever a CPS investigation?

I have not gone to the police. Yes sexual abuse. It was very well known by everyone we knew what he was and what he did. He was hated by my moms side of the family and they alL knew we lived with him. We kept in contact with the girl cousin he molested, we'd go (my mom and us kids) to their house often but my step dad never went. When a family member asked me about if me and my mom are okay a couple years ago, I told her that no and I cut her off because she doesn't believe me that anything happened. This family member who knew what my step dad was said "damn...I had always hoped nothing had happened to you." I never replied and blocked her because I was so angry. My mother always told me to never let anyone touch me "down there" or on my "Lucy" as we called it. And my step father was well aware of this, so he was sure to never actually go into my pants. But there were plenty of other horrible disgusting things he did that I am now going to therapy for. So I never told anyone anything...not until I was an adult and am very open about it now. Confronted my mother in detail and the last words she said to me were "he said nothing ever happened, I'll go find the truth from him."

What truly blows my mind is why was he even allowed to be around me by law, not by my dumbass mother, when his crimes were so grotesque.

Are you thinking you are going to have some sort of case against the state? If so you you are wasting your time.

You need to report any abuse you suffered to the authorities.

This dates back into the mid 90's. Registration requirements and restrictions then were not the same as now.
It is possible he was not restricted from the living arrangement, but if you are alleging sexual abuse you can certainly report that.
After so long it will be difficult for law enforcement to gather evidence to support the allegation, but they would investigate as far as possible.

Back