Consumer Law, Warranties Service charge to check his work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browbry34

I wrote the letter below to the President of company SWC. I took out the meat of it to share on this thread hoping the reader is clear whats going on...
================================================== =======
I made a $2200 investment with you people and I still have the same problem. How it is not related?
If I own a company like yours and a customer calls me days later to tell me his basement still leaks I would want to come out and make sure it did not have anything to do with work already completed. I could not find the audacity to then charge my customer $100 more once I learned it is not b/c of any work SWC already completed, and not part of the warranty w/ a label by you sir; a service charge. This is about what you already did. Iit is about what should have been done all along. A proper diagnosis solves the problem the 1st time around so I would not be in the same position I am now wondering what I am to do next. Your recent stop was similar only more thorough than the salesperson's initial visit. You eventually sent me a proposal for additional work. Thank you! I would like to consider hiring your company again when the time is right, mostly when the tenants leave next summer. If I am to be nickel and dimed for you checking your work, I need to reconsider.
I am not the basement experts. You are along w/ your sales person. I offered my opinions and mostly listen. I have no idea what really needs to be done. This is why I hired your company! Solve my water problem! Maybe your sales person told me the whole basement should be done. I suspect he would have to say this to protect his interests both as a sales person trying to earn as much business as he can, but also making a general recommendation like you stating I should have the whole basement done to solve the problem. Instead, he made his recommendation and he said once this is done you are not going to have a water problem anymore. He said this right before I signed off on the deal! Well, I still do. In addition, the company who tried to solve it is stopping back over to see what is wrong and this time charging me for their visits. This $100 more is salt in the wound. It needs to be waived.
================================================== ========
My question to the thread respondent is 1st of all is this guy justified or wasting his time taking me to small claims for this 100 bucks? I looked over all the information the company provides me and find nothing disclosing these 100 dollar service charges when the service call is not related to the work. My argument is how is his stop not related to the original work? His company put in a drain tile system and only weeks later I still had water leaking in to the basement. How? I voiced over the phone my displeasure with the work. 1st off parts of the wall next to the floor his crew jackhammered was torn up and aesthetically need to look better. The owner told me he could put up some plastic covering to hide the wall damage and make it look better at a glance. He sent someone out after the work was done to do this for no charge.

I am an unhappy customer who feels misled by a salesperson. If the guy would have simply said this is your problem, this is what you need to do to stop it, this is how much it costs, then I would have considered just like I did his original proposal in which he decides I only needed to to do a partial drain tile system in the NE corner of the basement and for a 2200 cost.

I distinctly remember the sales guy and I discussing while walking around in the finished part of the basement how lucky I was I didn't have to do the front of the house. The owner who visited later and charged me $100 bucks for his visit had a different opinion. Why? He and I did some water tests.

I will counter sue for the amount they charged me to begin with on the grounds they charged me 1900, put in a drain tile system, and I still have a water problem. I would add the new quote the owner proposed to me during his visit for 2800 to do the front of the house. I would sue for 5k + my court fee filling costs total to recover the funds necessary to hire the right company to fix this basement once and for all.

Does he really have a suit to try and collect this $100 service charge? DO I HAVE A COUNTER SUE CASE?

Last edited:
Cut this in half.

Delete all the editorial comments.

I tried to make it as short and sweet as I could. I just shortened it up. Do you have any opinions on this thread outside of it being too long? thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back