Septic on different property

A

Azncrkr

Jurisdiction
Texas
I purchased a home with a septic system. The lot was almost two acres, the seller split the lot into two sections. One has the house the other a full empty acre. I have just learned my septic is on the other empty lot. They are selling the lot but I am worried about my septic. When I inquired with the sellee about the lot I was told that my septic is not on the empty lot it is on my property which is not true. I am unsure on what to do.

When I inquired with the sellee about the lot I was told that my septic is not on the empty lot it is on my property which is not true.

You should have verified that independently.

I am unsure on what to do.

Consult a real estate attorney to see if you have any recourse for the lie.

If you don't want to spend many thousands on litigation, consider buying the other lot.

You should have verified that independently.

Consult a real estate attorney to see if you have any recourse for the lie.

If you don't want to spend many thousands on litigation, consider buying the other lot.
I tried to buy the lot. Asking price was way to high and someone is purchasing it cash.

Real estate or title attorney?

Hmmm, good question.

If you bought an Owner's Title Policy when you bought the property, take out the policy and look for how to contact the insurance company's claims department and report the situation. Make sure you follow the call with written notice as soon as you get a claim number and insist that any decisions be in writing. Won't cost you anything to see if the policy covers it or not.

At the same time, consult a real estate attorney in case there is anything you can do to stop the sale of the adjacent property while your issue is being examined.

No guarantees.

It might just turn out that you won't get anywhere in either direction and could end up installing your own septic on your own property at some point.

You look young so I predict you may buy other homes in your lifetime.

My warning to you is: NEVER believe anything the seller, his realtor, or your realtor tell you about anything without verifying it independently. They don't get paid if the property doesn't sell and they will lie, cheat, threaten and cajole to get you to make concessions or avoid verification just so they can get your money.

By the way, that goes for buying cars, too, and buying anything else for that matter. Way too many scammers out there. The human race is full of them.

Back