Personal Bankruptcy Selling House After Filing Bankrupcty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHTTYCHPMNK

Could someone please help me with this question. I don't know what to do.
My husband and I were wondering will putting our house up for sale cause problems with our bankruptcy? Is there a certain amount of time you have to wait before putting the house up for sale?
Thanks

Maybe

If this is a Chapter 7, the Trustee owns your home legally, so you can't sell it unless he has abandoned that asset. If there is a no asset report, estate closure order, or a specific abandonment by the trustee, you are OK.

Paper in ref. to 6.21.05 post

So, would we know about all that paperwork if it pertained to us, cause we never got any of that info and the bankrupcy has been discharged as of today. So, do i need to find out, or can we just sell the home? Thanks for your response

question more details in regards to maybe!

"so you can't sell it unless he has abandoned that asset. If there is a no asset report, estate closure order, or a specific abandonment by the trustee, you are OK." To be more specific, would I know about this estate closure or abandonment by the trustee if it pertained to me. We filed on our own with no lawyer, i have no paperwork with any of this stuff on it. and it has been discharged, so i am confused on what to do. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back