Selling An Idea New Application For Existing Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEGALLYIGNORANT

I have an idea that could save credit card companies or banks a great deal of money--literally millions. It's another application to existing technology. I am willing to sell my idea to them, but do not know how to pitch my idea to them without risking it.

I have written an explicit abstract and mailed it to myself via certified mail. Is this sufficient protection? I do not have $5000 Or $6000. to hire an IP attorney.

Should I request an idea submission form from them?

I have an idea that could save credit card companies or banks a great deal of money--literally millions. It's another application to existing technology. I am willing to sell my idea to them, but do not know how to pitch my idea to them without risking it.

I have written an explicit abstract and mailed it to myself via certified mail. Is this sufficient protection? I do not have $5000 Or $6000. to hire an IP attorney.

Good luck to you on your great idea - I hope that it qualifies for patent protection. Some attorneys are willing to take on your case for a percentage of the invention. Is this a road you're willing to take? Are you sure that you can't find a few thousand dollars from friends/family/investors to do so because, if it's such a great invention, you might be selling too much for too little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back