Seller misrepresentation on disclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostgirl

During home inspection we noticed rotton egg smell odor with well water. Water softner was present but bypassed. We asked realtor and she said the odor was because of the well sitting and we just needed the softner hooked back up. The owners never had problems. AFTER closing, we were contacted by neighbors and water system salesman. Both said the owners were aware of the water problem and odor. A new system was going to be put in but they moved out instead.
To make things worse - this is a famous person. He bought house under a organization, but he signed the seller's disclosure and he lived there for 1 1/2 years. We dealt with his realtor and attorney at closing. We have witnesses that state they were aware of odor. Real Estate agent says no sir. What do I do? I can not afford to hire an attorney. Costs to fix are est. $6,000.
I am debating on whether to even go public - like local newspapers. But I don't want to be sued. I am filing ethic charges against Real Estate Agent. theirs - not mine. Mine is on my side. She tried to fix it and they blew her off also. I contacted other Broker and gave her until today to call me. She called once and is to call be back. What court do I file this in? Can I just go to police and have them file charges?

It would not be a good idea to go public, as in going to the papers. It is unlikely the local newspaper would print this as news, accept any ad that you would take out or even accept a letter to the editor on this matter. They try to avoid being sued also.

The police will also not touch this. They will tell you this is a Civil matter, not a criminal one.

Gail

You should try to consult (not hire) with an attorney to see what your options are when it comes to finding an expeditious and a peaceful resolution on this matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back