Selecting a Class Action Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adverse

How does one go about selecting a Class Action attorney for a consumer fraud/unfair business practice case that may involve more than 1 million consumers?

First, you should include me in the million consumers... lol

U should have a state's attorney general there. Contact the fraud/id fraud dept there, and they should point ya in a good direction on what you have.....

I would think the Class action lawyer would have to do with your location, and how far you'd like to persue the matter... :)

I would like to pursue it industry-wide, world-wide.

The various AGs have been reluctant to evoke meaningful change as abuses continue, nor could they effect anything outside of their jurisdictions.

It should be done via the Internet, with a central site where all complaints can be logged and evaluated.

We can assist you with the selection of an attorney for a class action as we have partnerships with some of the most prestigious firms. That said, you can pick whomever you want to file the class action. However, you should take a look at our class action section here to ensure that your case would qualify for a class action.

Originally posted by JLB
How does one go about selecting a Class Action attorney for a consumer fraud/unfair business practice case that may involve more than 1 million consumers?

Originally posted by JLB
I would like to pursue it industry-wide, world-wide.

The various AGs have been reluctant to evoke meaningful change as abuses continue, nor could they effect anything outside of their jurisdictions.

It should be done via the Internet, with a central site where all complaints can be logged and evaluated.

I've done that now, reviewed the Class Action section, and feel What I have fits all the criteria.

But, I am still stuck with the intitial question "How do I go about selecting a Class Action Attorney, or, for that matter, find a listing?"

The section devoted to reviews of top firms has none.

I have a forum where an attorney could go to see the various complaints that are being registered.

Originally posted by JLB
I've done that now, reviewed the Class Action section, and feel What I have fits all the criteria.

But, I am still stuck with the intitial question "How do I go about selecting a Class Action Attorney, or, for that matter, find a listing?"

The section devoted to reviews of top firms has none.

I have a forum where an attorney could go to see the various complaints that are being registered.
I'm a little confused -- do you want to hop on a class action already filed or do you want to start your own? Once you file the law firm will handle the registration of the members of the class. You can say that we have a little experience in how these things are set up on the web. :) Setting up registrations via the web is simple. What is it that is the most trouble for you now?

I'm not "troubled". ;)

I just lack the information I need.

It is a new suit. I am interested in finding a firm to take a look at it. I can give basic information and direct them to an Internet forum where others with similar complaints have gathered.

Individually, due to the nature of the complaints, we are powerless. We need to combine our forces.

Originally posted by JLB
I'm not "troubled". ;)

I just lack the information I need.

It is a new suit. I am interested in finding a firm to take a look at it. I can give basic information and direct them to an Internet forum where others with similar complaints have gathered.

Individually, due to the nature of the complaints, we are powerless. We need to combine our forces.

Leave the gathering of people to the law firm. You don't need any more than the minimum number of people to certify a class. The only reason why numbers might make a difference is with regard to whether the law firm feels that there is enough damages as a whole at the end of the case to take on the risk and expense of funding the lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back