Criminal Records, Expungement Seeking expungement/pardon in Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk15090

Should I file my own petitions for pardons and expungements in Pennsylvania or would it be better to pay the thousands of dollars to hire an attorney? I have what I think is a fairly easy case.

The decision us entirely up to you.

You could try it pro se.

If that doesn't work then you could spend the money.

Why not speak with a lawyer first and then decide? The first chat us often free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I have been speaking with attorneys and (of course) they all recommend that I have representation although there's no guarantee of the outcome and then I'm out several thousands of dollars if it gets denied...just want to be sure I'm getting a "fair fee" quote.

Thanks for your reply. I have been speaking with attorneys and (of course) they all recommend that I have representation although there's no guarantee of the outcome and then I'm out several thousands of dollars if it gets denied...just want to be sure I'm getting a "fair fee" quote.

Professional services are whatever the professional charges and you are willing to pay.

When I practiced law, I would often do "pro bono" work for clients I felt sympathetic towards.

Many of today's young lawyers, don't feel so charitable.

II suggest you tell them you only have to $X to spend.

Then ask them to help you.

This seldom works with young lawyers (they need the money), but often works with older lawyers!

You can also approach the legal clinic to many law schools, and the "lawyers in training", under the supervision of law professors will do it "pro bono" or "low fee" as a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back