security issues

Schwiffty

Jurisdiction
Iowa
My children were mad at us because they get free lunches and we're conservative family they don't like lunches at school but we don't have a lot of time in the mornings to feed them breakfast that's why the school provides breakfast anyways they were mad about this so they come up with a plan and lied about lots of things anyways lady called the school and then DHS is involved. At the beginning when I went into the school the counselor had told me the boys came in on their own free will which this was not true they were summoned. The attendant shows the boys were in class and where attended for and then called to go to the guidance counselor's office which then she had threatened my son if he did not talk he would be subjected to detention. so then my son having feeling he had no choice and with an ADHD condition ADHD and someone that's listening except for he didn't get to talk until he was asked questions leading my son in a false confession resulted in DHS talking to my children, which that is that's okay except for the worker did not check in the with principal or vice principal and did not know they were there nor did the front desk people. The worker interviewed my child all alone with no one else in the room with no recordings, no notes, therefore how is that not a minor violation.with shooting in school new sexual predators all the things happening in the world when and since there is no common sense obviously there better be a law against this. I am my son's Guardian and we all know that people you trust the most are the ones that will take advantage of you I am very complexed about this situation only it seems to me with all the school shootings and stuff going on that people should not be allowed to take my son to a room all by himself but he did not do this to one child but two my stepson these people have acted maliciously in a school environment I'm not asking if CPS or DHS can talk to my son I know they can and that is fine but why was my son in a room all by himself with an adult and then my stepson in there for an hour and a half by himself and being diagnosed with ADHD that seems like also taking advantage of a special needs kid. Everybody else has to have at least two people present why is this happening

If your question is regarding access to the campus that would be addressed locally at the school or district level and is a matter of policy. You likely do not have a state law that controls this.

My children were mad at us because they get free lunches and we're conservative family they don't like lunches at school but we don't have a lot of time in the mornings to feed them breakfast that's why the school provides breakfast anyways they were mad about this so they come up with a plan and lied about lots of things anyways lady called the school and then DHS is involved. At the beginning when I went into the school the counselor had told me the boys came in on their own free will which this was not true they were summoned. The attendant shows the boys were in class and where attended for and then called to go to the guidance counselor's office which then she had threatened my son if he did not talk he would be subjected to detention. so then my son having feeling he had no choice and with an ADHD condition ADHD and someone that's listening except for he didn't get to talk until he was asked questions leading my son in a false confession resulted in DHS talking to my children, which that is that's okay except for the worker did not check in the with principal or vice principal and did not know they were there nor did the front desk people. The worker interviewed my child all alone with no one else in the room with no recordings, no notes, therefore how is that not a minor violation.with shooting in school new sexual predators all the things happening in the world when and since there is no common sense obviously there better be a law against this. I am my son's Guardian and we all know that people you trust the most are the ones that will take advantage of you I am very complexed about this situation only it seems to me with all the school shootings and stuff going on that people should not be allowed to take my son to a room all by himself but he did not do this to one child but two my stepson these people have acted maliciously in a school environment I'm not asking if CPS or DHS can talk to my son I know they can and that is fine but why was my son in a room all by himself with an adult and then my stepson in there for an hour and a half by himself and being diagnosed with ADHD that seems like also taking advantage of a special needs kid. Everybody else has to have at least two people present why is this happening

What in the world are you talking about with school shooters and sexual predators? Complain to the department the workers came from.

I didn't see a question in that nonsensical rant, but maybe I was overwhelmed by the bad English and grammar. I'm a bit "complexed" right now.

It appears, though it is difficult to follow this diatribe, that your children made up allegations of abuse and shared them with someone at the school who then contacted the agency that handles child welfare. The investigator came to the school and spoke to the children one at a time, without anyone else in the room, or recording their statements.

If so, what happened is exactly what was supposed to happen. Most employees in a school, if not all, are what are called, mandatory reporters, meaning if a child mentions or they have reason to suspect abuse, by law that MUST report it to the appropriate agency. This is not optional. It's like calling 911. The dispatcher isn't going to guess whether or not it is really an emergency, they are going to send in the appropriate services and let the pros determine if it is a false alarm or not.

For reasons that should be obvious, the investigator isn't going to allow anyone else in the room while speaking with the child. Recording devices can also be intimidating and in some states it would be illegal to use them. ADHD has nothing to do with it. If your child is willing to lie to the investigator, and especially if multiple children in the same household are telling the same false story, that is a parenting issue, not the fault of the investigator.

Back