Security deposit

Carlo

Jurisdiction
California
I have a land lord who won't explain where my deposit was spent let's say it was a $500 deposit I have pictures of how I left it I replaced everything that wasn't in good condition and cleaned the whole place carpets and all when I moved in it states it was touched up and carpets were just shampooed I was just trying to get an estimated dollar amount for small claims some say 2x plus actual damages some say 3x plus damages along with bad faith Iv sent 2 demand letters with no response the papers they gave me just says painting 250 Suplies 300 labor 200 cleaning 50 and the paper is dated the day I moved out those are just examples but it dosent list what Suplies were used Iv asked and was told no I have our conversation recommend must have been a new employee I informed about the recording and he said ok and another paper that I have says door need to be replaced its to old or a new medicine cabinet I replaced the day before I moved they said was dirty and said needed new locks for bed room even tho I replaced them already I have receipts and I even recorded the final walk through and the manager said everything looks good if it was up to her I'd get my whole deposit then about 45 days later I finally had to physically go down to the office to get the papers that I got I had them fax them to me so it would show the date I got them I have all the call logs and descriptions of why I called and who I talked to I need some help on a dollar amount I should put for the small claims this management company is horrible it's Pamma management the owners of nijjar reality are the same slumlords please any info will be greatly appreciated

Your remedy lies in small claims court in the county where the property sits, or the landlord resides.

As to what your damages are, or why you deserve XXXX dollars, you must determine that alone, mate.

Back