Sealing civil court record of restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

cato1788

My wife obtained a Temporary Protective Order against me in May of 2008. In the petition to obtain this order, she claimed several highly defamatory and reputation-harming things about me that were untrue. 7 days after obtaining this order, she went to court and had it dissolved. I will also arrested for felony domestic violence, but no charges were filed, and I recently had a court declare me factually innocent of all charges and allegations related to that event, leading to the sealing and eventual (in 3 years) complete destruction of my arrest record. I otherwise have no criminal history whatsoever.

We are still married, have reconciled, and I have forgiven her for all of her actions, including fraudulently obtaining this restraining order. She regreats it deeply. However, now there is this civil case on record, which may be searched by anyone at the local courthouse. As this was an ex-parte hearing, I never had a chance to defend myself, present evidence, or even refute the false accusations.

Is it possible to bring a motion to seal this civil court record? I am worried about the loss of my reputation, future employment or civic opportunities, and the embarrassment of my children who were named in the temporary protective order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back