Screwed by Student Loan Consolidators, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harby

Long story short, my consolidator took their sweet time (almost six months!) to get the job done. I "lost" interest rate incentives because everything wasn't turned in on time even though I signed a promisary note six months ago.

One of the problems was with one of my loan holders, Nelnet. They wouldn't realease my loans at first because they said I was still showing an in school status, this was in August. It was also in August that I called and told them I was separated from school and I wanted to consolidate with someone else. Then, in freekin October, (I don't know why it took so damn long, I even hounded them about) they rejected my consolidators pay off again because "lines 5 and 6" of my consolidators form (paperwork) were wrong.

All the while I had to do everything, my consolidator didn't inform me of anything, I told them I was done with school July 14th. Never heard from them so I called them in August. They sounded suprised to hear from me and said "O,.. ok I guess we should start now". And, all the while this BS with Nelnet was going on I had to find out myself. They never did anything until I freekin called and bitched at them to get on the ball.

It was in October my consolidator final sent some correspondence saying "Hurry and get this done before the time for the incentives passes". That's when I said what the hell is the problem and found out Nelnet rejected them again and I had to be the one to make all the phone calls back and forth to get the damn ball rolling!!!

What the hell!??! Now I've lost the lower (incentive) interest rate because some law finally went through and it will cost me five to six thousand dollars. Is that shit really my fault, I say someone owes me some money - what do you think?

Thanks,
Tom Harbison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back