school violation of confidentiality

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvis

The school office left me a free or reduced lunch application, at the after school program, to sign for my 10 year old son. Attached to the application was a fax to the Il Dept. of Healthcare and Family Services requesting confirmation of households receiving food stamps. The returned fax (written on bottom of same fax) contained the names of children, parents, and their food stamp case numbers. My name,my son's name, and case number were on this list along with seven other families. I contacted the principle, superintendent, and a school board member and complained. I was told accidents happen. Do I have cause for a lawsuit because of this violation and against who? Who do I register the violation with?

As stated many times on this and other forums. What are your damages? There are none. Law suits are to make a person(s) whole for damages they recieved. You have no damages. File your complaint as you did take it higher if you wish but do not expect to gain monetary rewards

I believe legal federal sanctions against the school district can result from the school's actions. I want to make sure this does not happen again. I am not happy private confidential information was shared with other people.

Then file that complaint but again if your seeking a monetary reward i dont personally see that happening. If you did (which is unlikely in my view) you would need to report that reward and you aide would be reduced or ended as result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back