1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

School Post Defaming my Family

Discussion in 'Education Law, School System' started by Lonnie Medley, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

Have you posted here under a different user name?

And, if you're so upset about the prior treatment, why did you come here again?

justblue likes this.
  2. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

Calm down. No one "judged" you. Do as I suggested and if they don't comply seek out an Education Law Attorney and have him/her send a cease and desist letter.

As an aside: This is the only thread you have posted here. If you are having issues with other forums don't take your anger out on us.

3. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

I'm not quite as confident as justblue is about the ability for this OP to "force" the school to remove the posting. I suspect that this is going to be more of a honey vs. vinegar and the squeaky wheel gets the grease type situation.

hrforme and Red Kayak like this.
  4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

No. You can sue. I don't know how likely it would be that you would win, but I suspect that the school and school district would rather take it down than fight a pointless and costly legal battle. The question for you is whether you're prepared to fight such a battle to the point that the school/district give up.

5. Red Kayak

Red Kayak Active Member

I just had a thought...

Because this is online, would COPPA apply?

6. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

Not according to anything I quickly read here.

Red Kayak and Zigner like this.