School keeps calling CPI/DCF for years...

Southern Rebel

Jurisdiction
Florida
And every time it's been "unfounded". It seems that the school LOOKS for something to call CPI/DCF. Why, it's virtually unknown, and it had reached to a point of harassment.
Latest school complaint: "the child has too many dogs and cats".
We do not own any dogs, we do have 2 cats. It is not illegal. And the "dogs and cats" were the child's stuffed animals.
Here's a laundry list of reasons why the school called CPI/DCF with frivolous and slanderous claims:
Child has/or is:
* Wearing a man's cologne (well - my son accidentally knocked his Polo aftershave that got on them it is not illegal nor was it "overpowering").
* Is hungry but doesn't eat lunch in school (doesn't like their plant-based food - that issue was ceased when plant-based food was eliminated)
* Has no shoe (yeah, it happened at school, on their grounds, when his shoe got caught on the equipment and it ripped the sole off)
* Teacher saw "child" with 3 pit bulls surrounding child in a "threatening" manner (Law Enforcement Officers & CPI Officer found it unwarranted, the dogs belonged to a neighbor who had moved away)
further investigation, the teacher confessed she saw the picture on the student's smart phone that the student was sharing during after school hours.
* Grandmother (me) does not have any food or appliances (They saw a fully packed freezer & refrigerator from the door way - as one of the grandchildren went into it when they came to the door, I refused to allow them entry).
* Child has learning disabilities. (So? It's been documented and child is in the IEP program. Not illegal)
* Grandmother is destroying house (?!?!?) - I was remodeling, apparently, the teacher overheard the student tell the others that she got to smash a wall - (yeah, I was teaching her how to patch and repair a dry wall, a door put a hole in the wall) and when confronted with the child - the child said the door put a hole in the wall, Grandma smashed it, and repaired it. (You are talking about a child that is 7 years of age).
CPI/DCF has been hounding my Son & DIL's children since they were born. It has been on-going for 16+ years. They had PROMISED they would no longer bother us because every case was unfounded. Yes, all three of us (Father, Mother, and Grandmother) has spoken with the school about their frivolous complaints - insomuch they are intentionally misusing and abusing their "immunity" status.
The family will be moving soon; now CPI & DCF wants to know where they are moving - the information is refrained. It's none of their business.

And every time it's been "unfounded". It seems that the school LOOKS for something to call CPI/DCF. Why, it's virtually unknown, and it had reached to a point of harassment.
We do not own any dogs, we do have 2 cats. It is not illegal. And the "dogs and cats" were the child's stuffed animals.
Here's a laundry list of reasons why the school called CPI/DCF with frivolous and slanderous claims:
Child has/or is:
* Wearing a man's cologne (well - my son accidentally knocked his Polo aftershave that got on them it is not illegal nor was it "overpowering").
* Is hungry but doesn't eat lunch in school (doesn't like their plant-based food - that issue was ceased when plant-based food was eliminated)
* Has no shoe (yeah, it happened at school, on their grounds, when his shoe got caught on the equipment and it ripped the sole off)
* Teacher saw "child" with 3 pit bulls surrounding child in a "threatening" manner (Law Enforcement Officers & CPI Officer found it unwarranted, the dogs belonged to a neighbor who had moved away)
further investigation, the teacher confessed she saw the picture on the student's smart phone that the student was sharing during after school hours.
* Grandmother (me) does not have any food or appliances (They saw a fully packed freezer & refrigerator from the door way - as one of the grandchildren went into it when they came to the door, I refused to allow them entry).
* Child has learning disabilities. (So? It's been documented and child is in the IEP program. Not illegal)
* Grandmother is destroying house (?!?!?) - I was remodeling, apparently, the teacher overheard the student tell the others that she got to smash a wall - (yeah, I was teaching her how to patch and repair a dry wall, a door put a hole in the wall) and when confronted with the child - the child said the door put a hole in the wall, Grandma smashed it, and repaired it. (You are talking about a child that is 7 years of age).
CPI/DCF has been hounding my Son & DIL's children since they were born. It has been on-going for 16+ years. They had PROMISED they would no longer bother us because every case was unfounded. Yes, all three of us (Father, Mother, and Grandmother) has spoken with the school about their frivolous complaints - insomuch they are intentionally misusing and abusing their "immunity" status.
The family will be moving soon; now CPI & DCF wants to know where they are moving - the information is refrained. It's none of their business.

Thank you for sharing. I wish the best to the children.

EDIT: If you would like any specific questions answered, please ask. There are several possible concerns you may have above and it's not efficient to guess which one(s) you are asking about.

Child has/or is:

How do you know it is the school making these reports?

Back