Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft saved but scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi1

i am 17 and recently stole some clothes from a reputed store in mumbai worth rupees 2000.after passing thru the machine the alarm rang and being scared i ran and caught a cab and left.however no security guard ran behind.is there any chance of being accused

There is always a chance when you commit criminal acts, you will be caught. Even after the fact.

As the admin stated, check your local area for information.

Please learn your lesson and don't steal anymore.

thanks.i wont do that again for sure.but i wasnt caught on the spot neither am i sure that someone spotted it or ran behind me .i am from a good family and dont want to involve my self into any problems.there are not much cautions for shoplifter in india though can you still tell me how to deal with it incase some problem arises

hey...don't worry, nothing will happen, it's india man. nobody can track you and nobody will ever track you as there's no possiblity of it.

adi said:
thanks.i wont do that again for sure.but i wasnt caught on the spot neither am i sure that someone spotted it or ran behind me .i am from a good family and dont want to involve my self into any problems.there are not much cautions for shoplifter in india though can you still tell me how to deal with it incase some problem arises

Adi, having lived in India for several years (on a mission's trip, born, raised, and live in the U.S.) I have learned this: shoplifting MOST LIKELY comes with a heavy price. Yes, I have seen a person get away with it every now and then. But if you did it in Mumbai...well, lets hope that it is like you said and that no one saw you. The thing about Mumbai is that it depends on who you stole from, and how much influence your family has in the judicial system. A Sikh, for example, might -- and I say MIGHT (most likely will NOT) decide to go after you.

But, as it has been stated a couple times already, this is a forum for U.S. matters mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back