Purchase & Sale Sale of a software license with a hidden time bomb

J

John1977

Jurisdiction
California
My question involves malpractice in the state of: California

I am a sales rep in a privately-owned software company.
Yesterday, a new foreign customer purchased several software licenses. Because the price was highly discounted, the management decided that, even though the customer was buying perpetual licenses, we would include a 'time bomb' which means that the software will deactivate in 12 months to force the customer to buy support from us in 12 months. As the sales rep, I had to send the perpetual to the customer without telling them about the time restrictions that was incorporated (ie: he is not aware of the time bomb).
The same day, management talked about doing the same for another new customer.
I do not feel at ease with this at all as I disapprove this conduct and I am engaging my name in a fraudulent sales. I've wanted to quit the company for a long time now because of bad management and so I see this new event as a definite sign I should quit the company. I still need to find a job so in the meantime I am stuck here for a bit more (hopefully not long).

My questions:
. Is it legal for the company to sell a perpetual software license with a time bomb (ie: not perpetual) without telling the customer?
. If not, since I am the sales rep, can I be personally considered as part of the fraud or can I explain I was forced to do that for fear of retaliation?
. Is there any legal action I can take against my employer to quit my job asap and get some kind of compensation until I find a new job? I have emails to prove my employer's misconduct (my manager replied to my email and approved the 'time bomb').

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance for your kind help

John

Back