roomate not on lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

loofie

My roommate is not on the lease and we have no legal contract she has been living with me since October 2012 till now. and we had several disagreements. before she moved in i had some ground rules that she cant alter the house because i would suffer consequences for my deposit. I never asked her to pay a deposit or anything. I have her time to move out she didn't so i filed for an eviction. She has until the 21 of feb 2013. to tell the court her side. Main CONCERN....she is now threatening to sue me. I don't know know on what grounds. am really worried what she could do bc am just a simple college student and worried for my safety. I have never said anything wrong or threatening to her. but now her family is asking me whats my lawyers name and that they have have there lawyer on this already. AM not sure what to do. But now she is claiming my things as hers and saying there her stuff is missing..even though she keeps a lock on her door. plz help

My roommate is not on the lease and we have no legal contract she has been living with me since October 2012 till now. and we had several disagreements. before she moved in i had some ground rules that she cant alter the house because i would suffer consequences for my deposit. I never asked her to pay a deposit or anything. I have her time to move out she didn't so i filed for an eviction. She has until the 21 of feb 2013. to tell the court her side. Main CONCERN....she is now threatening to sue me. I don't know know on what grounds. am really worried what she could do bc am just a simple college student and worried for my safety. I have never said anything wrong or threatening to her. but now her family is asking me whats my lawyers name and that they have have there lawyer on this already. AM not sure what to do. But now she is claiming my things as hers and saying there her stuff is missing..even though she keeps a lock on her door. plz help

Nothing you can do to prevent anyone form suing you.

Just continue with the eviction, and stop communicating with her and anyone else about this.

The place to discuss this is in the court before the judge.
You gain nothing by debating this outside the court room, so don't do it.

Tell your story, let the judge decide.

If you prevail, don't ever get another roommate.

This is what happens MOST of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back