Room and board at a trailor park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mommaq

My husband and I have lived in the trailer park on and off for 3 years. (We left she came and found us and begged us to return and help her) I was the assistant manager to the landlord and my husband was the maintenance man. I rented and leased the new trailers out and cleaned up around the park as needed. My husband fixes any and everything that needs to be done to keep the park in regulation with the state. From digging up septic tanks, cutting grass, putting up light poles and fixing water leaks you name it and he fixes it. The agreement at first was that I received a certain percentage of every trailer I rented and my husband gets paid for each individual job the he completes. We received payment a couple of times but after those times she says she doesn't have any money. We have always been required to pay our own lights. So the revised agreement was for us to stay free of rent as long as we continued to do our duties. (We never signed any lease) Everything has been fine until recently she serves up with an eviction notice. It states as follows: holds the premises over and beyond the term for which they were rented or leased to him TENANEY AT SUFFERANCE. What does this mean? MY husband has just done work for her a week ago and I rented my last trailer on the 18th. We had no idea that there was any kind of problem. Just about two weeks ago the landlord and I traded homes. (She said it was too big for her) She helped us move our belongings in her van and we helped her as well. Now I get an eviction notice! Doesn't make any sense to me can she really do this to us? I really appreciate you taking the time and look forward to your response. Thank you

Yes she can evict you or any other tenant, however she must follow proper procedure (and so do you).

The writing is on the wall-start looking for a new place. In the mean time become familiar with the eviction process and how to respond to any documents you may be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back